LEADING global communications agency, Weber Shandwick, has welcomed eight consultants to its thriving Scottish team, marking a year of exceptional growth and diversification in client sectors. The new recruits, including apprentices from the Modern Apprentice Programme, reinforce the agency’s commitment to creativity and impact in its expanding portfolio.
Weber Shandwick Scotland has experienced record growth, with the team now numbering almost 60 members. The latest additions bring a range of experiences, with two apprentices starting their careers in communications through the Modern Apprentice Programme.
Natalie Buxton, Managing Director for Scotland & the UK Network at Weber Shandwick, expressed excitement about the new hires, stating, “This is an incredibly exciting time for our business – we’re doing some of our most creative and rewarding work yet.” She highlighted the agency’s commitment to bold and impactful work and its dedication to expanding service offerings and capabilities.
The eight new consultants joining Weber Shandwick Scotland are:
- Emma Bain, Account Director: With a decade of PR experience, Emma specialises in healthcare PR and media relations.
- Stephanie Carberry-Main, Senior Manager: Combining journalism and agency experience, Stephanie focuses on consumer PR and influencer relations.
- Catriona Martin, Manager: Catriona brings expertise in healthcare and consumer communications, supporting clients in both areas.
- Diana Bengea, Manager: Diana, with over seven years of experience, works across energy and corporate clients, supporting various sectors.
- Rebecca Watson, Senior Associate, Public Affairs: Rebecca, an advocate for women in public affairs, supports clients in health, retail, and technology.
- Evan Balfour, Junior Associate: A recent graduate, Evan supports multiple clients while developing media relations and corporate communications skills.
- Ilona Halkides, Project Management Apprentice: Ilona, with a background in TV production, joins the Modern Apprentice Programme, working closely with the studio team.
- Innes Christie, Digital Marketing Apprentice: Innes, specialising in digital marketing, is part of the Modern Apprentice Programme.
The agency’s commitment to apprenticeships aligns with its participation in the Young Person’s Guarantee since 2021. Six apprentices have benefited from hands-on experience, exposure to real-world projects, and mentorship from seasoned communication professionals.
Weber Shandwick Scotland’s recent awards, including five CIPR PRide Scotland and four PRCA DARE Scotland awards, reflect its outstanding achievements. Notable accolades include the Large Consultancy of the Year Award, diversity and inclusion recognition, and the prestigious PRCA Platinum and Grand Prix Awards for the Bite Back consumer relations campaign with Quality Meat Scotland.