Leading pet food company advertises job role for full-time ‘Human & Pet Resource Manager’
Must be good with people…and pets!
HR has long been an important role in any business to look after staff and create an environment where everyone can thrive, and now one company is taking this one step further by putting their staff and pets first, as it looks to recruit a Human & Pet Resources Manager, the first role of its kind.
Premium raw pet food company, Bella & Duke, has launched the search to fill the dream job role of full-time H&PR (Human & Pet Resources) Manager, to play a key part in shaping and delivering Bella & Duke’s people & pet strategy that serves the company’s needs and is aligned with the company’s values, strategic goals and priorities.
It’s not the first-time co-founders Mark & Tony have put pets at the forefront of their business model after actively recruiting a dedicated Park Ranger earlier this year. The successful candidate, Fiona Grierson, places a focus on the pet’s health and wellbeing, making sure they’re happy and supported in the workplace.
Bella & Duke currently employs a 130 strong team with over 60 pets, successful candidates must be competent with a variety of animals, from cats and dogs to most importantly, humans!
For the new recruit, they will have the chance to work at a company dedicated to pet wellness and make a real difference. The successful candidate’s role will involve;
- Embedding and representing Bella & Duke’s core values
- Managing HR operations
- Managing and scaling people processes, systems and policies
- Providing high quality people support services
- Manage ongoing recruitment and onboarding processes
- Coaching and supporting line managers
- Partner with all business areas on health and safety
- Employee Engagement
The hybrid role will see the H&PR Manager working from Bella & Duke’s new office, which is believed to be the UK’s most pet friendly office. The office has a number of benefits, services and facilities have been implemented to improve employee welfare as well as pet, including:
- Full-time Pet & People ‘Park Ranger’ to offer pet support ensuring that the needs of office pets as well as visiting pets are being met
- Bella & Duke’s in-house expert behaviourist, Caroline Spencer, who’s there to ensure pets are at their happiest when in the office.There will also be the opportunity for employees to learn from Caroline and improve knowledge of dog body language and behaviour
- Inbuilt kennels for a pet safe and cosy space to relax
- Agility courses and fun interactive areas for pets to blow off steam, learn new tricks and bond with their owners
- Pet friendly decor and design, with specific plants and flowers such as areca palms, banana plants and aspidistra. As well as a selection of pet friendly herbs in the pet sensory garden
- Calming sprays
- Toys, snuffle mats and other enrichment
Mark Scott, CEO of Bella & Duke, said: “We know how important it is to look after our team, so they are happy and able to deliver their best work. With more people now bringing their pets to the office, we want to make sure all people and animal feel valued at Bella & Duke.
“We are an entrepreneurial and dynamic business that is happy to break the rules. We are driven by our brand and its emphasis on connection, relationship and personal growth. We are a young workforce who share a passion for dogs and cats.”
“Pet welfare is at the core of what our company does, which is why we our taking our HR role one step further to include both Human and Pets, to ensure we go above and beyond for our team.
“We’re excited to see the applications and look forward to offering this dream position to someone who is as good with pets as they are people!”
If you are interested in applying for the position, you can do so here: https://www.bellaandduke.com/join-our-team/human-and-pet-resources-manager/