- xDesign plans to increase headcount to 100 over the next eighteen months and targets revenue of £10m
- xDesign acquired mobile and web agency Bemo in February
- Edinburgh-headquartered xDesign is actively looking at further growth by acquisition and aims to roll out UK hubs in 2021
- Euan Andrews, MD, and Founder of xDesign: “This has been the most tumultuous year the business has ever faced and our ability to not only survive but thrive in this environment is testament to processes we have in place, client relationships, our culture and our people”
- xDesign’s client base includes NHS, Tesco Bank, Heineken and MoneySuperMarket
- The Covid-19 app xDesign built for NHS 24 in May has achieved over 250,000 downloads
PAUL Atkinson has joined xDesign as Chairman as the digital transformation and software development firm reports record revenue of £4 million in the year to the end of June 2020 (2019: £2.2 million).
Atkinson, who is a founding partner at venture capital firm Par Equity and Chairman of talent services group Taranata, said: “Despite the business challenge created by the Covid crisis, what has impressed me most about the xDesign team is the way they handled the adversity, using the time to create a stronger business and building relationships that are already bearing fruit. I look forward to helping them to continue to grow at pace.”
xDesign Founder and Managing Director, Euan Andrews said: “This has been the most tumultuous year the business has ever faced and our ability to not only survive but thrive in this environment is testament to the processes we have in place, the relationships we have with our fantastic clients, our culture and especially our people who we think are truly some of the best in the business.”
xDesign has continued to hire throughout the pandemic and will have 70 people working out of its Edinburgh headquarters by January. Over the next eighteen months, the firm plans to increase headcount to around 100 and is targeting revenue of £10 million in 2022. Following the acquisition of mobile and web agency Bemo in February, xDesign is actively looking at further growth by acquisition and is also set to roll out a number of UK hubs in 2021.
Euan Andrews added: “With increasing numbers of clients across the UK, we want to be even closer to our customers so we will be opening offices next year to reflect this. Bemo has been a great acquisition for us, we’ve added some talented people and know-how to our own team and we’re not ruling out further acquisitions over the next few months where we can identify value-add. As we enter our next phase of growth, it’s great to have Paul on board to help guide us as we go.”
xDesign’s client base includes NHS, Tesco Bank, Heineken, and MoneySuperMarket. In May, a Covid-19 app developed in partnership between NHS 24 and xDesign was launched and has been downloaded over 250,000 times to date.